… with meMagical I think you are,
Pouring from the heights of the seven skies;
You rain on the world below, on everything,
On me.
You hail from the paradise. You have-
Blessings, freedom and beauty.
God created you, created me;
But why hasn’t he given me-
Blessings, freedom and beauty?
I have nothing… with me.


Often I am struggling and sad,
Loner I am, around me there’s no lad.
I can hear you but not the words-
Words of happiness care and love;
I see you oh rain drops, though my eyes are filled with tears;
I see also that blessed every soul is around me:
Are they not sad and lonely?
How could they be, for they are so glee!
And here I am the unblessed.
There is no blessing… with me.


We all have the freedom to breathe, to live. Freedom to
Think, to feel.
I do breathe, live,
Speak, think and heal.
But not the way I want to, I cannot. For
I am entangled in the fine threads that make the minds of my people,
My society.
Oh you lucky rain! I envy you for
You are free to pour anywhere, anytime, on anyone you want.
There is no freedom… with me.


“It’s incomplete with the true inner beauty.” Well, this is my idea about beauty.
I have plenty of it- I can feel the softness of my heart on my skin,
See the purity of thoughts in my eyes,
The innocence of mind in my speech,
The simplicity of soul in the smile on my lips.
One day it will all perish. The outer beauty will fade with age
And the inner, with my death.
Oh beautiful rain! Your loveliness is everlasting.
I have no eternal beauty.
There is no beauty… with me.


Oh blessed, beautiful, free rain! Can you hear me? Can you hear me cry?
Do you see me- the cursed one weeping as you shower on me?
I love to play and dance with you, weep and mourn with you.
I see that you play with me as you dance at my every glance,
You cry and sigh out of thunder and lightening in the sky.
I am a peace of clay, not so gay; I know oh rain that my peace is at bay.
Oh mighty rain! Keep raining, keep raining, keep raining.
Never stop.
For you are my blessing, my freedom, my beauty. You are
… with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technology Enhancing Customer Relationship Management: A Review - Published in Indian Journal of Marketing - Shreyas Srivatsan

Interrelationship Between Operations and Marketing in Reducing Demand Risk - Article published in Journal of Marketing Channels - Shreyas Srivatsan

Book Review - The Amul India Story - By Ruth Heredia